By Jonathan Gilbert, 11 December 2015
BUENOS AIRES — Argentina’s new government will not try to revive a voided pact with Iran to jointly investigate the 1994 bombing of a Jewish center here, Justice Minister Germán Garavano said Friday night.
Mr. Garavano said the Justice Ministry would not appeal a court’s decision last year that declared the pact, signed in 2013 by the previous government, unconstitutional.
The previous government, led by Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, had filed the appeal. The move by President Mauricio Macri’s new government, however, is a signal that it wants to put an end to the matter.